Our team of highly skilled and versatile staff all play a vital part in the Truwood Furniture story……. Every member of staff is valued. The pride put into their work ensures we not only reach but aim to exceed our customers’ expectations in both quality and customer service. A policy of total customer satisfaction ensures clients recommend our products and services that trade customers continue to come back for.
Ongoing investment in staff training ensures we have a highly skilled team of caring employees both capable and motivated to be the best. Our loyal and long serving work force prove testament to this commitment. By training and discussion we empower our staff to contribute to the development and future wellbeing of the company, enabling ongoing steady controlled growth.
Young people will prove to be the future for our company. By offering formal training in the art of cabinet making, we are committed to ongoing traditional apprenticeships to nurture the need for the future skilled workforce accompanied by day release college (to NVQ level 3) under the modern apprenticeships scheme. Furthermore, we regularly help and encourage youngsters wishing to take up a career in furniture manufacture by offering work placements and case studies with local schools and colleges.
Positive about disabled people…
Following a number of years working closely with the local employment service offering training, work placement and job trials we were awarded a “Positive about disabled people” certificate in March 1998. We have committed ourselves to ensure we give employing people with disabilities a fair chance in any vacancies that may arise.
As a result we:-
- Guarantee an interview to people with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
- Consult disabled employees about how they can develop and use their abilities at work.
- Make every effort when employees become disabled to keep them in employment.
- Develop key employee’s awareness of disability and employment.* Each year, review achievements in meeting these commitments.
- Advise all employees on progress and future plans.